Read to the Animals Story Time
at Eastshore Humane Association
First Thursday of the month
Stories, songs, movement, and crafts for toddlers.
Toddler Time doesn’t just create a love of stories and help promote early literacy, but it helps build emergent literacy. It is promoting the foundation blocks of reading and writing, such as letter recognition and sounds. Toddler Time also provides skills that a child will need in schools, such as social, motor, and problem-solving skills. Join us on Tuesdays at 10:30 AM for a fun fill Toddler Time hour.
Alphabet Storytime doesn’t just create a love of stories, it helps promote early literacy by exploring the building blocks of reading and writing through books, music, movement, and play. Alphabet Storytime also works on developing social, fine motor, and problem-solving skills. Join us on Wednesdays at 10:30 AM for a fun-filled Storytime Hour with a focus on preschoolers age 3 to 4.
On the first Thursday of the month at 4:30 PM, join the Chilton Public Library as we Read to the Animals at Eastshore Humane Association (Chilton).
Help the shelter animals get accustomed to people. Join us for stories at the shelter; plus learn how you can participate in Read to the Animals on your own.
Due to construction Creative Play Date returns to the Chilton Public Library in March 2020!
Join Dare to Dream Theatre Artistic Director Rachel Thuermer in this workshop designed to engage toddlers through creative play. For kids 18 months to 5 years. Held the fourth Friday of every month. (no session in June-August)
Together we will:
- Explore the 5 elements of early literacy
- Jump into the story through a Story Drama format created by Seattle Children's Theater
- Create artwork inspired by the book selected for the month
- Meet characters from literature
- Explore elements of Theater for the Very Young Experiences currently in development for Dare to Dream Theatre
- Begin to explore elements of dramatic presentation and storytelling
- Create our own stories together